I love link roundups, so I decided to start doing my own on Fridays. I come across so many great posts during the week that I want to share the gems I find and also remember which posts inspired my writing that week. Please add links you love in the comments!
- This post by John Morrow of Copyblogger on the Problogger blog struck a cord with lots of peeps around the internet this week. If this post doesn’t inspire you and kick your ass into gear, I don’t know what will: How to Quit Your Job, Move to Paradise, and Get Paid to Change the World.
- Carol Tice gives a realistic marketing breakdown and talks about how she went from hungry to overbooked in 18 months flat.
- I love Natalia Sylvester’s monthly Fresh Ink posts where she interviews debut novelists. This one with Sarah Jio is illuminating and her book sounds amazing.
- This post on Copyblogger quotes the incredible Steven Pressfield (read The War of Art ASAP if you haven’t!) and talks about how your worst enemy can actually be your biggest enemy can become the key to your blogging authority. Hint: if you feel resistance with anything you desire doing, read this post.
- Trying to reach the writer’s life (whatever that may be)? Check out this post on AWAIonline.com by Rebecca Matter which outlines the best practices you can put to work for you to get the writer’s life.
- Um, this has nothing to do with writing, but I’ve been obsessed with DailyGrace for a while now and her vlog about how to sexily fill an awkward silence is pretty genius. And it’s just funny. A good laugh is the way to end your week, so watch her video if you need some comedic relief today.
- Today I’m guest posting over on EndTheGrind.com. Check out my post about how I left a job that made me miserable to pursue freelance writing.
- And the next installment in my LendingTree.com blog is up today. Exactly how stressful can house hunting be? Oh, just read and see.